Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Bit of a blur

I guess it's really more than a blur, but that's the best way I know to describe it. I think the body has a mysterious way of allowing you to run on auto-pilot when you need it.

Luckily for Hubby and I, my parents are still here helping out, our church has been great at providing several meals for us (even Zoe managed to help herself to a bit of leftover chicken pot pie that was on the counter), and we are able to see the girls as much as possible.

To answer a few questions and to give a bit of an update ...

Their names are both family names and one that we just really liked.

We did find out that the girls are identical twins. WOW.

They have both surpassed their birth weights. Maddy is up to 3 lbs, 3 oz and Libby is up to 4 lbs, 10 oz. Yay.

Still no definite word on when they can come home, but they are both doing great and are in the least intensive room of the NICU floor. It's still hard for me to believe that they are here, and not still swimming around in my stomach. Especially when I'm holding one of them and their movements are oh-so familiar.

Ritz Camera is getting more of my money than humanly possible.

I know I won't be posting much, but I'm still checking in with everyone ... especially at 3am-ish, when I typically have a date with the ol' b-pump machine. I really need the hands-free model, so I can type better to leave comments!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

My sister shared her list of daily reads, and I have started reading your blog. Congratulations on your two girls! Here is a link to a bra that will let you pump hands free. I use it and love it!

http://www.easyexpressionproducts.com/halter.html

Britt said...

What sweet, beautiful babies! Good luck with everything.

LOVE the names you picked out!

CRICKET said...

Congrats. If you get a chance go online or call and order a Medela bra with the parts you need to make it hands free. This is where I got some of my Medela stuff:
http://www.bosombuddies.com/
Good luck with breastfeeding, its the hardest job out there but well worth it.

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

They are beautiful! I am so happy for you. Love them, love the names. Congratulations!

NatalieDeltaGam said...

identical?! wow is right! :-) get ready for little ladies to try pulling tricks on people for the rest of their lives--haha!

Emily said...

"Especially when I'm holding one of them and their movements are oh-so familiar."

I'm so glad to hear someone else say this. I remember being completely amazed at recognizing my son't movements from when he was swimming around in ma' belly!

Congratulations! They are gorgeous!!

Monogram Momma said...

OMG! IDENTICAL?!?! WOW! That means you better have your "A game" all the time as they start getting older!