Tuesday, June 17, 2008

iQuestion

In preparation to "pack my bag", one item that will definitely be included is my beloved little iPod. I already have various songs and mixes that range from "new running mix" and "half" (for the Nashville half marathon), to "slow down" (that has Michael Buble and other slow stuff), but I'm looking for suggestions for my hospital music.

While I really think that some of the half marathon tunes may get me through, I feel like I've listened to them over and over and want some new stuff.

Musically speaking, I tend to gravitate back to the familiar, so my list has a bunch of music from the 80's and 90's and aside from hearing new-ish stuff on the radio, I'm a little bit out of touch. Basically, I like a little bit of everything with the exception of most country music. I know, I know. How does a girl from TN not like country?

One song that I may have to include as a joke is Push It by Salt & Pepa. Hee, hee. So, help a girl out and list some favorite tunes or artists and I'll give them a listen, so I don't end up listening to "push it real good" over and over!

9 comments:

Kara said...

My ipod is full of music from when I was in highschool. Right now though, I am really liking Josh Kelley (he's katherine heigle's husband and from really close to me). I also like Taylor Swift a lot, not just the songs on the radio either. Hope that helps!

lisagh said...

Although I listen to almost exclusively country music in the car, but a couple of my faves off my iPod are:

Think - Aretha Franklin
Fins - Jimmy Buffett
500 Miles - The Proclaimers
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
I'll Take You There - The Staple Singers
Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight
Try a Little Tenderness - The Commitments

Some of my (old time) faves!

Goddess in Progress said...

OK, I was going to post a comment. But then it got absurdly long, and so it turned into today's post on my blog. Hope it's helpful, and happy packing! :-)

Dana said...

Just don't forget toothpaste. Hospital toothpaste is disgusting! Oh and bring aspirin or advil for your husband. Just in case. The hospital will not give him any if he needs it b/c he is not the admitted patient!

Kim said...

Ok... I'll give you my "fun run 2" playlist from my iPod. It got me through a lot of running, so here's hoping it will help you out when you run your next "marathon!"
1. Crazy Train - Ozzy
2. Welcome to the Jungle - GNR
3. Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard
4. Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
5. Vertigo - U2
6. Sabatoge - Beastie Boys
7. I'm Bad - LL Cool J
8. Get the Party Started - Pink
9. Push It - SNP
10. Traveling Without Moving - Jamiroquai
11. O.P.P. - Naughty By Nature
12. Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake
13. Bust a Move - Young MC

GOOD LUCK! I also love James Brown - Get on the Good Foot and Sex Machine :)

BoufMom9 said...

Hi! I just saw your post on How Do They Do It and wanted to say that I'm thinking of you & wishing you all the luck!
You are almost there!!!!
:) Debi

Kerry said...

This was fun - looking at the songs on my iPod and thinking about giving birth! I had 2 c-sections so I guess the pushing part was not part of my birth experience but fun songs would have helped in the recovery as well as the calming music for the down times - John Mayer is a personal favorite. Here are few "fun times" songs I have on my iPod

Shut Up - Black Eyed Peas

Let's Get it Started in Here - Black Eyed Peas

I Will Survive - Cake

Independent Woman - Destiny's Child

Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani

Tell Me 'Bout it - Joss Stone

Smile - Lily Allen

Say it Right - Nelly Furtado

Libby said...

I hope Z&Z are taking good care of you while you're on bed rest. This spring I've been really into the album "Shine" by Estelle. If you liked Salt & Pepa you would probably like Estelle too. :)

A. Rose said...

Try some fun motown stuff. The Supremes are always a good bet!!