Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hubby should play the lottery

I was sitting in our den on Sunday evening, feet propped on a pillow, watching TV when Hubby came in and asked me what I felt about NY in the fall? My first thought was "Has he gone mad? Does he not remember that we'll have 2 infants by the fall and probably won't remember our first names, let alone want to take a visit to NY?" Then it hit me ... he had entered his name into the ING NYC Marathon lottery several months ago, almost as a joke, because really, does anyone ever get picked out of the lottery?

All I asked was "Did you get in?" His grin said it all.

So, now for the next question ... who wants to babysit or come to NYC and help out with 2 3-month olds?!

He's trying to decide now if he would have enough time to train and be ready by November. He can always defer his entry to next year, but what a great opportunity. I'm really torn ... I would love to go and watch him run, but I don't know that I'll be ready to leave 2 little ones by then and I know I won't be ready to carry them around NYC.

Maybe I could do it with one of these?I can only imagine getting around the crowds with this much baby strapped to me. We'll see, but with this luck, I really think Hubby should go buy a lottery ticket to see if we can win the $25,000,000 or whatever it's up to these days!

13 comments:

Goddess in Progress said...

Wow, that's exciting! Congrats to your hubby!

As for the two three-month-olds... yeesh. I know I wasn't ready to leave mine in someone else's care at that point. That age can be kind of tricky. But hey, if someone is willing...

lisagh said...

That baby in the back does NOT look comfortable!

J said...

Oh wow! Good for him, I bet he would have enough time to train. Do you have any family members that you could go to NYC with you to help out?

Suz said...

i always say that marathon sunday is my favorite holiday; its the best race in the world - he should do it and it is so much fun to watch; i'm throwing my support behind the whole endeavor!

Kim said...

Wow! He really should play the lotto! What a tough decision.

Libby said...

Congrats to your hubby! If he does go out to pick up a lotto ticket would you ask him to get one for me too? ;)

ashlie said...

i will come twin-sit. You've got to go!!! What a great experience.

Meg said...

I think you should make him wear that contraption to train when they arrive. Think how much more fit he'll be for the marathon if he's been training with 20 pounds of baby strapped to himself.

CRICKET said...

I think you all should go! Maybe one of the mothers in law come and help. You may feel like getting away from home and a 2/3 month old shoudl travle fairly easily. But you are talking to a gal that has a 3 year old (in potty trianing) and 9 month old (learning to walk) and I am taking them on the plane this summer all by myself.

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

So I'm not going to sound quite as positive as the rest of these comments. I think you should take a marathon SLEEP in your own house and DEFER until next year when you can BOTH enjoy it! Trust me....it would be worth the wait...

RED said...

oh man I am super jealous of your husband! I'm sure you two'll reach the best decision - the option to defer for a year is awesome though.

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

check my blog!

wheresmymind said...

Oh goodness...that looks like my future in about 6 months