Saturday, June 14, 2008

Checking in

Since I haven't posted in a while, I didn't want you to think that the babies were here, so I wanted to check in with a little update. Apparently, my co-workers get very nervous if they haven't seen me around the office for few hours and they think that they've missed important news, so I thought my readers might think the same.

We're at 32 weeks and 2 days, and all is well. This week was a milestone week (according to my Dr.) and I'm glad we've made it. The weekly non stress tests have started (I'm hooked up to 2 monitors while lying in a hospital recliner to monitor the heart rates of the babies) as have the weekly appointments. Baby B decided to move, so now Baby A is still head-down, and Baby B is breech/sideways. I'm still shocked that I never felt that distinct move.

Some of what's been going on this week:


  • ordering cute seersucker pants from Ann Taylor Loft maternity and reordering them. The first pair didn't quite fit around my belly & I'm hoping that the new ones do.
  • Eating yummy pizza from a new local, organic place last night - mine had fried eggplant, mushrooms, garlic, etc. So, so good.
  • Trying to stay "horizontal" as much as possible when I'm home. It's harder than it sounds, but I'm just trying to follow Doctor's orders and stay off bed rest.
  • Realizing that I have a gardenia plant in our yard and it has bloomed! This makes me so happy. If it cools off later, I'll try to get some pictures. They smell wonderful.

6 comments:

tulipmom said...

I can empathize with you on staying horizontal. I remember lying there thinking about everything ELSE I needed or wanted to be doing. But the truth is you ARE doing the most important thing of all.

Congrats on reaching 32 weeks ... that's GREAT news!

lisagh said...

Good to hear all is well.

I love love love the smell of gardenia. Mmmmm! Have a big whiff for me :)

NatalieDeltaGam said...

i'm so glad you posted...i WAS wondering about you! :-)

kristy said...

so glad to hear that you ALL are doing well! hang in there! and congrats on making it this far!

speak in doodles said...

Hey there. I linked to your blog on your post of Audrey Hepburn's favorite beauty tips. I also hope everything is going well for you!

MMM said...

Good luck! Glad to hear things are going well.