Wednesday, June 18, 2008

c-ch-ch-changes

Not quite those kind of changes, but it's amazing what 1 day an 1Dr.'s appointment make. We had our weekly non-stress test and exam yesterday. The NST looked great, so we headed over for our exam. We were just chatting before my exam, when she asked if they checked my cervix last week. I replied yes and everything was fine. The Dr. checked to discover I was 2cm. dilated. She checked a few other things in my chart and directed us to have lunch and head to the hospital for further monitoring. After I was hooked up to the monitors, they also discovered that I was having contractions. Who knew? Not me!

So we settled in and they opted to give me steroid injections to help the babies lungs develop, and also gave me meds to stop contractions. So far, so good. No more regular contractions and the babies look great.

It looks like I'll be home tomorrow, but will more than likely be on bed rest at home for the duration. So worth it if we can help these babies stay put a few weeks longer. All I can say is thank goodness for a wonderful hubby who has stayed here non-stop, his lap top, my co-workers for bringing me a stash of magazines, sweet nurses, great in-laws that made the 2 hour drive to check on us, cell phones to stay in touch with family and friends, and let's not forget that lovely pill called Ambien to sleep in a hospital room.

10 comments:

lisagh said...

I'm getting excited!

Jules said...

Hang in there girl...from someone who knows...bed rest is hard but can be ok with lots of mags and good reads and visits from friends. Let me know if you need anything since I am local.

kristy said...

Wow, very exciting ... but definitely take it easy and keep those babies put a few weeks longer for sure! I'll be thinking about you all!

Suz said...

hang in there! looking forward to hearing the exciting baby news but sending you good wishes for an easy time on bed rest.

Dana said...

Glad they could stop the contractions - and those steroid shots make a world difference for their lung development. Although they smart don't they?!

Now that I have found you I will be checking in to see how you are doing!!

And while you are on bed rest - check out the twins forum that I found useful for asking a million questions of others:
http://www.twinstuff.com

Jennifer said...

I just found yuour blog, and wanted to say good luck. What an exciting time for you!

NatalieDeltaGam said...

i'm excited for y'all! ...and sending lots of throughts and prayers y'all's way! (and oh, i'm predicting two girls, bytheway) :-)

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Just read the update on Mad About Plaid's site. Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers to you all and looking forward to the update.

maggi said...

JUST JUMPED OVER FROM MAD ABOUT PLAID AND YOU AND THE BABIES ARE IN MY PRAYERS.

Lipstick said...

Congratulations!!! Read about the delivery from Mad About Plaid!