Friday, May 16, 2008

NKOTB

NKOTB Reunion = I'm OLD.

While getting ready this morning, I heard on the Today Show that NKOTB is playing a concert this morning and it's been something like 13 years since they've performed together. (That may not be 100% accurate - I'm not in the same room when I'm listening).

I do remember in High School, most girls loved this band and had a crush on one of the members. It seems that if you "liked" one of the guys, then your friends had to pick another member to "like."

Lucky for me, I was not into NKOTB at all, so I didn't have to fight over a band member. In those days, I was happiest listening to the Cure and New Order and trying to get Billy F. to notice me. He wore lots of black, and when he wasn't riding a skateboard, drove a black VW convertible bug. Ah, the good ol days.

6 comments:

Goddess in Progress said...

Um, yeah. I saw them way back in the day. I tried to think about when that concert was. Yeah, it was 18 fricking years ago. Damn, that makes me feel old.

RIVER said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NatalieDeltaGam said...

i was like 9-ish when NKOTB came out. of course i was in love with jon--the mature, older brother--that is *so* me. haha!!

Catherine said...

Right there with ya on The Cure & New Order. No NKOTB for me either. Love you blog. I am a lab mama as well!

Mrs.Preppy said...

I saw them this morning and I felt like I was a kid all over again!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

I love The Cure! Going to see them in concert next month...unless they postpone again!!!