Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Makin' big babies

Yesterday, I had an appointment for an ultrasound, then 2 hours later, I had to go back and see my Doctor. A little nerve-wracking to split up the appointments, but I was out of there in record time. I may need to schedule all of my appointments like this.

Everything is looking great - I'll be 30 weeks on Thursday. How did that happen? Time really seems to have flown.

When our X-ray tech was measuring the babies, I was anticipating 2 1/2 pounds each. That would have given them about a 1 lb. growth spurt since our last appointment, a month ago.

I was shocked when she measured Baby A at 2 pounds and 14 ounces, who ranks in the 50th percentile for weight. Then, came the ringer ... Baby B measured at 3 pounds, 6 ounces, well into the 80th percentile. We were shocked and amazed. Our Doctor was very pleased with the growth of both - typically he sees twins in the 10-20% percentile. Everything looks OK so far with the difference in their weight. They will keep checking it, just to make sure one doesn't grow too rapidly and or take over all of the nutrients!

WOW. Still can't believe I have 6 pounds of baby in there. I think this is always how I felt after a huge mexican dinner!

7 comments:

J said...

That is great--both making it to 30 weeks and the "big" babies!

Jules said...

How great!!!! They are getting big! You are doing well.

OG ws 2 lbs 9oz when she was BORN at 29.5 wks. LOL (I can laugh now, not so much back then.)

lisagh said...

Great news!

Imagine what it'd be like with the 6 pounds of baby AND the Mexican dinner!

Belle-ah said...

I am so glad all is well! Keep up the great work!!!

kristy said...

So glad to hear that everything is going well! That's great news! Keep it up and yes, I have to agree with your comment about eating a Mexican meal ... I always feel so stuffed!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Yeah! You have some healthy babies growing! Good for you.

amanda said...

My brothers are twins and they were huge! Good luck to you :)