Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The "dreaded" orange drink

Is it bad that I didn't mind the glucose tolerance test drink today? It tasted like a Sunkist or other orange-flavored beverage, plus they served it over little pellet ice, so I was fine with it. Don't know my results yet, so I have abstained from the bag of Starburst jellybeans in the cupboard, just in case.

Now, I start having appointments every week and have also started rotating Doctors. I know this is normal, but I really like my Doctor and am not looking forward to seeing someone new every week. Especially when they ask you questions like, "So are you feeling a lot of good movement from the baby? I mean babies?" Just a little thing, but I'm sure TWINS is scrawled in bold somewhere on my chart. Details, details ...

5 comments:

Goddess in Progress said...

I didn't hate the orange drink that bad, either (though I ended up having to do the 3-hour, and I definitely hated all of the needle sticks!).

I also hated seeing a different doctor than my own. One gave me a hard time about the weight I'd gained. Not only was MY doctor OK with it, but he didn't realize there were two!! Ugh.

Kerry said...

I can't remember the orange drink it's been so long! I'm sure I hated it though. So if you are having twins can you schedule the birth with YOUR doctor to make sure you get him/her?

Susan D. said...

Kerry, luckily MY doctor has twin siblings, so as he said it, "I get greedy with twins and their delivery." Since our date is still up in the air, I'm really hoping that it works out that he'll be the one and I'm sure I'll be putting on my pushy hat to try to make this happen!

Goddess, I would have screamed about the weight gain! Now I'm wondering why the nurse was so quiet when she weighed me!

Kim said...

yeah, I actually liked my red drink. It tasted like PowerAde to me. Then it got me worried that just maybe I had diabetes b/c I actually didnt mind the "sweet" stuff. But it ended up that I didnt... Im fighting the urge to eat my starburts too! They are on my desk just starting at me. :)
Hope you are still feeling well.

Impoverished Preppy said...

Just in case you have to do another glucose test - it is possible to skip the icky drink. I couldn't keep it down when I had mine with DD #1, so for #2 they let me eat jellybeans instead. So much better!