Saturday, May 03, 2008

Cookie candy recipe

I promise this is so easy and addictive. I make this for pretty much any party that we attend and there are only crumbs left. I believe the real name is called Cookie Candy, but we typically call it "crack rock"

You will need:

1 sleeve of saltine crackers
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (you can substitute dark chocolate or whatever you like)
12 oz. Skor bits, toffee chips, or butterscotch chips (I've tried peanut butter- not the same consistency, but still pretty good)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Directions:
Line a baking pan with foil.
Place one layer of saltine crackers in pan.
In a saucepan, mix butter and sugar over medium heat until combined.
Boil for 2 minutes, then pour mixture over crackers.
Bake for 6-7 minutes at 400 degrees.
Remove pan and sprinkle chocolate chips & Skor bits over crackers.
Set for minutes and spread to blend.
Refrigerate for 2 hours and break into pieces.

3 comments:

NatalieDeltaGam said...

yes, that stuff is FABULOUS! yum!!

Kate said...

I think it is a good thing I don't have an oven right now ;)

suburban prep said...

Hubby and I make a recipe similar to this each christmas. Everyone we give them to just finishes them in not time.