Monday, April 14, 2008

Whinin'

It's hard to believe that it's almost 24 weeks into this pregnancy and I feel very lucky that I've made it through without a lot of morning sickness or any major scares. For the most part, I've felt really good with the expected days of exhaustion here and there and a few hours of pain in my rib cage due to Baby A (I think) enjoying a good stretch after I eat a meal.

But, can I just whine about something for a minute? Part of the good side of pregnancy is that your hair and nails grow like weeds. However, I have a new crop of baby hair at the front of my hair that will not stay down no matter what. I use product, I use Chi Silk Infusion that typically tames any fly-aways, I've done the "lick the thumb and smooth it down" method, I've even rubbed my hands through my hair after applying hand lotion, but nothing seems to work.

It's been one thing to get used to my growing belly and swollen ankles, and the worry of stretch marks and labor pains, but this? Really? I'll take the new hair, but couldn't it have cropped up somewhere else? Like somewhere other than the top of my head?? I'm gonna go pat my hair down now.

1 comment:

NatalieDeltaGam said...

well, it could be worse places--like your arms--can you even imagine?! ewww!! :-)
natalie (a friend of erin at ladybug's picnic)
www.oldgeorgiahouse.com