Monday, April 28, 2008

What a difference a year makes

Almost this time last year, Hubby and I were busy running half-marathons. It was much harder than my first one, but I remember feeling so accomplished at the end. My parents came to cheer us on, so that definitely made a difference seeing them at the end, when all I really wanted to do was walk. Miss Zoot ran the full last year and wrote a great post about her experience. We even stayed in the same hotel, but I didn't get a chance to meet her.

It's hard to believe that so much has changed since then & now I can barely run to the car when it's raining. But for a good reason, so I won't complain. Maybe I'll set my sights on a full marathon at some point and definitely another half. Who knows when that will be, but it's always good to have a goal. I will say that I listened to one of my "running" mixes on my iTrip this weekend and just hearing some of the songs made me want to get back out there.

But for now, I'm going to go lie down on my left side and try to get one of these babies to move away from my rib cage. Ouch.

2 comments:

heather said...

I actually just did the Nashville Half-Marathon this weekend (my first). It was really rainy and cold before the race, but then turned into a lovely day. Sorry you missed it, but it was for a great reason! :)

Story of my race at http://heathersfirstmarathon.blogspot.

Kim said...

My sister, mom and I just decided yesterday to run the Nike's Women's Marathon in San Fran in '09. It's a bit a ways, but it will be a good goal for all of us. Preggers here is not running much these days as well. :) The marathon gives out Tiffany necklaces at the finish line!!! Don't worry, we will all get back out there after we have healthy babies!