Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Recommended reading

I've had this book on my "to read" list for some time, and finally borrowed a copy from a co-worker. Oh my gosh, I started reading it when I came home from work tonight and it has to be some of the funniest writing I have read in a while.

If you have worked in the advertising business, you will appreciate this novel. I think I knew I would love it when on page 5, they describe how someone had placed a sushi roll on a bookshelf of another employee and it took weeks for anyone to finally find it, but the whole time, the guy is sniffing his underarms, breathing into his hand to see if he's the one exuding the smell. I had to laugh because I previously worked at an agency where a very similar incident happened that involved banana peels. I will of course protect all parties involved.

So, if you love cubicles, cynicism, and caffeine breaks, check it out.

2 comments:

kristy said...

I have been wanting/needing a good new book to read ... and when I saw that I knew I need to go get it ... b/c yes, I do work in advertising! I may go get it tonight!

Randall said...

Thanks for the book rec... always looking for a new good one!