Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pencil test

This may be a TMI post, but when you were little girls, did you ever do the pencil test? You know, the one where you would hold a pencil under your boob to see if it would fall to the floor or stay up? I think even my Mom told me she wouldn't buy me a bra in the 7th grade, because let's be honest ... I didn't need one. But all the other girls wore one, so I think she finally gave in.

I have no idea why I suddenly had the urge (probably because I have always failed this test miserably, even as an adult), but whattya know? I now pass the pencil test! My problem is I don't know if it's boob or belly holding up the pencil. This may mean that I shouldn't start wearing my PJ's the second I walk in the door!

6 comments:

Amelia said...

That is hilarious! I had never heard of it, and at the age of 26, I still don't pass!

lisagh said...

I'll give you a TMI comment on this. I had a breast reduction in 2001 and after it, I passed the pencil test for the first time in years ('cuz I'm so darn perky now!) I used to be able to hold an entire pencil CASE under there ;)

Always Organizing said...

OMG! Too funny! I read your blog but haven't commented before. This post is too much. I do pass the pencil test. In fact, I also pass the TV remote test - thanks to my fiance who really thought it would be funny to try it. Maybe that is TMI... :)

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

Add me to the list--I can put a TV remote under there.....always have been able to. HATE IT. Hoping to get a reduction after nursing my 6 month old....we'll see........gotta go, my back hurts.

Kara said...

I wish I passed the pencil test...I don't even come close. It's sad....

Mrs. STL Sarah said...

Yep, I pass. With flying colors!