Monday, April 21, 2008

A new height of laziness

I was talking on the phone to my good friend last night and it was nearly 10PM. During the course of our conversation, I had ventured upstairs to find the baby-naming book and list of names that Hubby and I've been throwing around. When I hung up the phone, I realized that I didn't really want to go back downstairs, but I also didn't want to have Hubby think I went to bed without saying goodnight.

The way our house is designed, if I were to yell "Hubby, I'm going to bed" while in our bedroom and if he's in the den (with the TV turned up really high, no doubt) there is no way that he would even hear me. I have a better chance of getting one of the dogs to notice and act as a carrier pigeon.

So, I looked down at the phone and decided to call his mobile. I knew I had seen his phone on the coffee table earlier. On the first ring, I hear a strange "hello?" It was like that one scary movie where the police yell "the call - it's coming from inside the house!" Our conversation went a little more like this:

Hubby: Hello?
Me: Hey, I'm upstairs, but I'm really tired and going to bed.
Hubby: Laughter for a good minute or so.
Me: Does this mean I've reached a new height of laziness?
Hubby: Between chuckles, I think it does.
Me: Oh well, good night. I love you.
Hubby: Still laughing, I love you too.

Some say lazy, I say conserving energy.

10 comments:

Meg said...

Man called me from the driveway yesterday to ask me to come out and help him with something. I think it's a good call. No need to expend energy unnecessarily.

tulipmom said...

Hah hah. I've been doing this A LOT lately. I'm still not allowed to do stairs more than once a day so I've been sleeping in the family room with Tulipbaby in the pack n play.

NatalieDeltaGam said...

i've done that before! :-)
...but his phone was in another room and he had to get up and actually go find it. haha

lisagh said...

Hilarious!!! What did we do before cell phones?

Buford Betty said...

Too cute! Hehehe...

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

A girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do. Great idea....

ashlie said...

absolutely hilarious.

Scarlet O'Kara said...

I do that too...and my house is a single story! How laxy is that! But I use the excuse that the baby is nursing... :0)

I'm Just Beachy said...

hahahahahahaha!

Jessica N. Condatore said...

hahaha, thanks for the giggle