Saturday, March 29, 2008

Taking a poll ...

Crib bedding has been on my mind as of late. I've found several things that I like, but I guess I'm looking for a second, third, fourth opinion as I can't seem to make up my mind.

Here are a few options for you to choose (in no particular order). Keep in mind, we don't know the genders and probably won't find out. Cribs and furniture will be painted white. Walls are painted a blue-ish green that tends to change colors throughout the day with white trim. Wall colors could be painted if we have to go that route. We're buying for 2 and as much as I'd love to spend $1,000 on crib bedding, I can't justify it.

Option A: The Callie bedding from Pottery Barn Kids. We would choose the bright green and find a more neutral (non-floral) crib sheet in green or white.





http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/nb80/index.cfm?pkey=cbdgnbd%7Cb






Option B: Stella from Pottery Barn Kids. Again, I would do a different crib sheet in green or yellow.





Option C: All Creatures Great & Small from Land of Nod.

http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=167&f=4157&pc=67





Option D: Womb with a View from Land of Nod

http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=167&f=633&pc=67





Option F: Pique bedding from Pottery Barn Kids. In either chocolate or green, then we could add in other colors when the babies are here.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/nb50/index.cfm?pkey=cbdgnbd%7Cb

Please cast your vote in the comments section. If you have other ideas, please leave them as well. Baby A & Baby B thank you for your support!








22 comments:

J said...

I voted for B but I also really liked C! And D! I don't think you could go wrong with any of those choices.

Barefoot in the Park said...

I love the "All Creatures" one!

Suz said...

Oooh, I love the animal one, I think 'c'. Very sweet.

tulipmom said...

I vote for B or D. Target is great for lots of baby supplies, but I'd be concerned that their linens might not feel as soft and baby-friendly as some of the other brands.

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

Love Option B-by PBK. It is cute and you could mix pink in there if needed. Pottery Barn Kid's stuff is so soft and really well-made. Good luck with whatever you chose and let us know the winner!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

They all look great...but make sure that what you pick is durable.

Melissa said...

I think B and C or maybe F. I think F is beautiful but maybe not the most practical.

Wendy Michele said...

I like A or E. Looking at everyone else's picks, not sure that helps.

NatalieDeltaGam said...

i love love love "D". i also like option "F", but it seems to be hard to keep clean.

Amelia said...

I like "A" and "E" :)

Sybil said...

i love F but agree on the cleanliness...but what do I know? no children yet

Kara said...

I like A and F but seriously, they're all adorable. I completely understand your dilemma - I wouldn't be able to choose! Can't wait to hear what you decide on.

Kim said...

I like option A, and if one or both are girls, you could go with the floral. I like the striped with that option. Then I like option B becuase you could mix and match sheets and blankets with the colors. They blend nicely together and with the walls and white cribs, i think it would look best. But all of them, you can't go wrong. ALL ADORABLE!

My Mission said...

I have two little ones and I have Pottery Barn bedding which is soft and durable. I would find a patterned fitted sheet. Do not use bumpers, every parenting book like Dr. Sears says to reduce SIDS do not use bumper pads or a heavy blanket/quilt. You will want two fitted sheets in case you have to change in the middle of the night.

Kim said...

I love the Squirt from Target. My sister-in-law purchased this and absolutely loved it. Any of these are adorable though.

Lauren said...

I vote A or F. I think green and chocolate brown are great neutral colors for a nursery. You can always get sheets that are more girly if necessary! They are all very sweet choices.

Jules said...

I am partial to PBK Bedding...we used that for OG and loved it. I like all their neautral stuff....I tend to not love animals etc. I Like the simple patters, dots etc.

Cute chices.

OH yeah...keep your PBK receipt if you go there...we got our stuff and it went on sale 40 days later...took the receipt to the Durham store and got a refund on the sale price.

Nanders said...

My vote is for D or B. F is really cute, but white bedding for a baby might be risky. Great choices!

Did you get your samples from Javis Davis? I ordered my crib bedding from them (Topsy Turvy) and even though I haven't "used" it yet (baby not due till June) I love the way it looks in the nursery.

Good luck!

Goddess in Progress said...

Hi, via "How Do You Do It?"! I hope your pregnancy is going well. And wow, such cute dogs! I love labs.

Ah, my vote for bedding... B, D, or E. :-)

Oh, and I saw you had a post about baby naming. If you haven't gotten it already, pick up "The Baby Name Wizard" by Laura Wattenberg. It's the best baby name book ever! So much better than thousands of "definitions."

Good luck with your pregnancy, and come hang out at "How Do You Do It?" any old time you like!

ashlie said...

I like them all but "Land of Nod" is my fave.

Buford Betty said...

I love the first one. They're all cute. I also love www.javisdavis.com - fabulous custom bedding and SO darn reasonable.

MMM said...

Great picks! I think I like B the best.