Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Take5 Tuesday

I was looking for a little Tuesday fill-in, so here goes. Thanks to Take5 Tuesday.


I chose the topic of my 5 favorite Breakfast Foods, so here goes:

One of my favorite as of late is Old Fashioned Quaker oatmeal mixed with skim milk, raisins, cinnamon, and ground flax seed. Ok, the flax seed stuff isn't my favorite, but it's good for you.

The breakfast casserole that my mom makes - eggs, sausage, cheese, and sourdough bread all mixed together in a yummy baked goodness. Can it really get much better?

Omelets. I am not a huge fan of eggs, but when eggs meet cheese and salsa, they become my friend.

Pancakes. Don't have them often, but they definitely earn a space in the top 5.

Biscuits and raspberry preserves. Yes, I know I'm in the South, but this Southern girl doesn't like gravy. Give me a homemade biscuit and homemade preserves with a glass of milk, and I'm a happy girl.

1 comment:

Libby said...

I am drooling over the casserole! I think I could eat that dish happily for three squares a day.