Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pregnant Woman in need of congestion relief

Here's my latest love note to Mother Earth:

Dear Mother Earth,

I hope you are having a beautiful day. Currently, I'm not doing so great. Yesterday, from 3PM to about 9PM, I had about 10% use of my nasal passages. I finally propped myself up on about 90 pillows to make that number rise to about 40%. Being "with child" and all, I'm really limited on what I can snort or swallow. The stuff from my allergist isn't cutting it. (Yes, I know it may take a few days, but I'm a little desperate. Breathing is kind of important.) I am asking you to please dispose of all pollen and ragweed from my nearby vicinity.

XO,
Susan D.

Any neti-pot users out there or anyone feeling the same way? If we're in a 300 mile radius from each other, I'm sure we are. I'm looking for an all natural (or Pregnancy B category) remedy that I can add to my non-effective nasal spray and antihistamine!

4 comments:

tulipmom said...

Haven't tried the neti-pot but my ENT and Allergist both recommend Simply Saline and used obsessively (every hour or so) it DOES help. I feel your pain!

SG said...

I like the neti-pot. It's a little awkward at first, but just follow the directions and you'll be fine.

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Try using the Breath Right strips. They worked wonderfully for me. Not the prettiest looking things, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

Cas said...

I use the neti-pop, though it is a little odd at first. I had to stop myself from laughing the first few attempts. It does help and I've been using one for almost two years.