Tuesday, March 04, 2008

5 things I've learned ...

I've been tagged by Kim to tell 5 things that I learned and with her great suggestion, I think I'll do the pregnancy theme.

1. I have learned that when a pregnant woman says she's hungry, it means she's hungry, like right now, this very second and she must eat immediately. In my case, you may not know what you want, but food better by nearby. Peanut butter crackers are now a staple in my house.

2. From attending pre-natal yoga classes, I have really learned how pregnancy looks different on everyone. I know that everyone's bodies are different, but I'm always amazed at how different women carry, who gets swollen ankles, who complains of the increasing bra size, and those lucky girls who turn around and you can't even tell that they are pregnant.

3. I'm beginning to think that something is in the water in our neighborhood. We will be having the 4th set of twins on our street (East side & West side together), and at least the 6th set in the neighborhood. I've learned that there was a family with quads, but they have moved.

4. I now understand when a pregnant woman says that she can't touch or cook raw chicken, can't remember why she walked into a room, remember an answer to a simple question, or the sheer thought of a specific food makes her nauseous.

5. If we had the means to afford it, I would be like Tom & Katie and rent an ultrasound machine so I could look at the babies on a daily basis. We went today for a very detailed and long ultrasound and I enjoyed every minute.

I won't tag anyone, but if you're looking for a topic, feel free to tag yourself!

4 comments:

Libby said...

I've always really wanted twins but they don't run in our family. So, um... which neighborhood was that again? ;)

Susan D. said...

Libby - it may require you to move a bit south to NC and to increase your odds, wait until your mid-30's! We actually have a house for sale beside of us - it's ready for you, Dear D and DD!

amanda said...

Susan, I'm sorry I'm just now replying to your message about coffee and the JL. Family life has been crazy and we've had company, but I would definitely like to grab coffee and chat with you. I'll e-mail soon.

PS-I am loving hearing about your pregnancy. Like Libby, I've always wanted twins too. So fun.

tulipmom said...

I so wanted twins the first time around. At my 20 week ultrasound I kept asking "Are you sure there's just one?"

I know what you mean about having a personal ultrasound machine. The new 3 and 4 dimensional ultraounds take your breath away!