Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hopefully, I'm not to blame

From time to time, we receive an automated reminder message for a man who doesn't live at our house for an upcoming appointment with his Doctor. Lately, I've noticed that just the hospital name will show up on our Caller ID, but no message.

I haven't been able to find a phone number with a real person so I can try to call back someone to tell them that this man doesn't live here, so he probably doesn't even know about his appointments.

Then my mind really starts racing ... what if these appointments are life-threatening and he doesn't know about it? In my mind, he's elderly and probably has to have someone to drive him to these appointments. He doesn't even realize that he's been missing out on these for several months. All because of me and my answering machine. His days are probably numbered.

Hubby would tell me that I have an OVERactive imagination, but I still can't help but wonder who this guy is, what appointments is he missing, and does he realize that he's not even receiving his little automated reminder calls?

Ok, and is anyone else on Blogger whose spell check isn't working? This is also very scary, because there is no telling how poor my spelling is without that handy little device!

1 comment:

hikinco said...

Please let us know if you find the man and what happens. Of course as females we wonder about these types of things. And, of course, the male species doesn't.
--On a funny note, I didn't even know blogger had a spell check and haven't even used it! UH OH!