Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Let it snow

According to local weather reports, this is heading our way. What is crazy, 2 inches of snow will shut our city down. As in no schools, plows, salt trucks, mayhem in the milk aisle at the grocery, and overall general mass hysteria. Ok, so maybe not that last part, but close enough.

Our office has a "show even if it does snow" policy, so I won't be enjoying the day, sitting in my PJ's, two dogs at my feet while sipping hot chocolate or out building snowmen. We tend to get ice over snow here, which really causes havoc because no one can really drive in it, but everyone tries. Lucky for me, if it's bad, Hubby won't have to work, so I can have a built in chauffeur.

4 comments:

KELLY said...

Sorry you have to go to work. I don't get excited about snow much anymore.Living in Texas it was probably 60 degrees the day before so it's not going to stick anyways.
http://purposelyrunning.wordpress.com

Red and White Preppy said...

I've got a two-hour delay in the morning, but I'll still be going to work.
A friend of mine sent me the link to your blog since you're a preppy NC blogger. I've enjoyed reading it, and it's prompted me to start my own!

Meg said...

Ah, how I miss the south. When I was in school (in southern VA), an inch of snow would cause mayhem and panic. And I be like, cool, there'll be no wait at the IHOP. Let's go!

Good luck!

Kerry said...

We had snow today - did you? I am so glad I wasn't commuting today - snow rain fog anything will cause hours in delay around here!