Sunday, December 02, 2007

Big A** Tree

Our friend's dad brought our Christmas tree back from Western NC last Sunday, but we finally had time to bring it in the house this afternoon. Oh. My. God. This tree is huge. Since we moved, we wanted to have a "larger" tree for our back den, but I think we overestimated a tad. Of course, my batteries died when I was trying to snap pictures of Hubby and Friend tackling this sucker, but I hope these capture the size a bit.

I think a trip to buy additional lights is in store, because I think what we have will only cover about half. Wish me luck that Hubby doesn't kill me over the course of this week when we actually decorate the thing!


Hubby is on the floor, while B holds her steady.




Without the tree mesh bag... waiting on the limbs to drop.

4 comments:

Libby said...

That sure is one big a** tree! You're going to have so much fun decorating it, I'm way jealous!

(Your back den looks really nice, you guys must get a lot of pretty natural light in there.)

Kimba Rimba said...

I can't wait to see a picture of it all decorated! Do you have a ladder? :)

I just love this time of year, when ever would it be "ok" to buy something that big!

Susan D. said...

Thanks, Libby. The den is really what sold us on the house - lots of natural light & luckily, still a pretty private backyard. And Kimba, we really didn't know how big of a tree we were getting until they pulled it off the truck! We asked for a 10ft (which I still think is huge, but we think it's 12ft!) Scary!!

Karen said...

Wow...that is a big tree! I bet it will be beautiful decorated. Good luck with the decorating.

Karen