Monday, November 12, 2007

Two years ago...

Two years ago, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off taking vases to the florist, pictures to the reception, picking up friends from the airport, stressing about Martha Stewart sugar cookie favors flopping at the last minute, and writing large checks for a big party that was going to be thrown in a couple days.

Two years ago, I was remembering everything as my last time as a single girl - my last meeting, last day at work before the wedding, last grocery store visit, last workout at the gym, last drink with the girls...

Two years ago, I was standing in our church the night of the rehearsal dinner, nervous and realizing that this was about to really happen. We were surrounded by friends and family, I was holding a bouquet made of ribbons, and I really couldn't believe that the day that I had waited so long for was finally almost here.

Two years ago, I ate barbecue and the famous Starmount pie, drank wine and laughed at the toasts (and roasts) from friends, kissed my fiancee for the last time, said goodnight and went inside my apartment.

Two years ago, I drank Dom Perignon with rollers in my hair while people fretted over my hair and makeup.

Two years ago, I enjoyed a perfect Indian summer day in November and walked down the aisle to the one man who "really got me" and I knew that he would be the one that I could count on, the one who would be my rock, the one who would be there for me.

Two years ago, I danced, laughed, ate cake, cried, hugged and smiled.


Two years ago, I tried not to embarrass myself by "slipping into something a little more comfortable."

Two years ago, all I could think about was getting on a plane to Antigua to relax with my husband.

I love you, C. Happy 2nd Anniversary!




Photo by Kellie Kano

9 comments:

heather said...

Such a beautiful post! Congratulations!

Libby said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary, what a beautiful photo!

Buford Betty said...

Awww Happy Anniversary!!! What a sweet post!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Happy Anniversary! Gorgeous photo and such a nice post. Enjoy.

lisagh said...

Happy Anniversary!

Britt said...

lovely post - Congrats!

Mrs. P said...

That was beautiful. Happy Anniversary!!!

Kimba Rimba said...

Great post (and picture)!!!

Happy Anniversary! :)

Kellie said...

Susan!! You guys are so amazing! What an honor it was to capture your day.....Happy 2 years! Hugs to you guys!