Thursday, November 01, 2007

Sick day

Aren't sick days supposed to actually be "hooky" days where one can spend their time reading magazines, napping, surfing JCrew.com and Potterybarn.com, taking a walk, watching Oprah, all the while, snacking? I didn't feel right when I woke up, but still proceeded to shower and get ready... then the whammy hit me and I got sick. Twice. Yuck. Hubby was sick on Monday and I thought I had avoided this little stomach bug, but I guess Karma's biting me in the ass.

My head is still hurting and I had a fever of 100.2 degrees when I last checked. I rested on the sofa all day, drinking 7UP, but I still feel like crap. I really need to go to work tomorrow. And the bigger thing that stinks is that all of the sales, marketing, and production people are going to a day spa for a treatment and lunch tomorrow. Guess where I'll be? You guessed it, in my cube working away. It just didn't feel right to try to go on the little trip since I had been out sick. Sigh.

No comments: