Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Maybe I was wrong...

I had wondered out loud to Hubby several times about our Japanese maple tree in the back yard. While other trees in the area were turning into brilliant yellows, oranges and reds, this particular tree - smack in the middle of our back yard - stayed green.

Other trees were losing their gorgeous leaves and this one stayed strong, full of leaves and still green.

Over the weekend, I noticed that it was finally turning a beautiful shade of reddish-orange.

While it still isn't the flame color of some that you see, I really happen to like it. Plus, I can see just the treetop out of our bathroom window when I'm getting ready in the morning. Whattya think?

And a close up...

2 comments:

Britt said...

Gorgeous, I'm loving all of the beautiful trees here!

J said...

So pretty! We have a Japanese maple and pulling into the driveway the other day I realized how much brighter it is now that it's fall.