Saturday, November 24, 2007

Le Mutt R.I.P.

I've had a Le Mutt dog since I was a little girl. He has survived many a hug, pre-teen tear, and several boxes that he was sequestered to when it wasn't "cool" to be seen with a floppy-eared stuffed dog.

This morning, I walked into a crime scene. Unfortunately, most of the scene was vacuumed before I had a chance to properly document it.

Exhibit A: An ear with stuffing strewn on the floor.

Exhibit B: Poor Le Mutt shows signs of attacks on both legs and also the missing ear.

The Accused: Zoe D., age 3.5, loves swimming, squirrel chasing, and napping on hvac vents.

The Accomplice: Zeus D., age 3.5, loves belly rubs, barking at innocent by passers, and sun baths.

The Verdict: While there has been no official confession from the accused, upon initial questioning, the accused actually took Le Mutt into her mouth again and returned to the crime scene. She was also found with stuffing in her fur. With this type of behavior, we have no doubt as to guilt of the accused. Showing little remorse for her victim, she has since taken a nap, eye-balled a turkey sandwich, and looked slightly guilty when receiving behind-the-ear scratches.

12 comments:

Kimba Rimba said...

Awww!

Libby said...

Oh dear! While a conviction seems certain, I do hope she'll be released right away for time already served and subsequent good behavior. :)

(I'm sorry about Le Mutt, is he totally beyond repair?)

lisagh said...

My condolences to Le Mutt... Zeus and Zoe are très naughty!

Monogram Momma said...

What a bad girl! What was the punishment for the crime?

SarahNash said...

I have that same Le Mutt! Seeing your post made me remember old Mutt and wonder where at my mother's house he is! Sorry for your loss.

Jonathan said...

I, too, have Mutts (three of them of varying ages) and also look forward to having a live one some day, but can't help but imagine such a doomsday scenario as you've just documented! Thankfully, Mutts recover from surgery remarkably well.

Also, if you've not yet seen it, the book might be amusing to other Mutt owners.

KA said...

I have a "Le Mutt" too. Mine is up high on a shelf safe from the pets. I actually have three "Le Mutts" but went through six as a child. Only three survived. Of the three, one's head is safety pinned on. One's ears are safety pinned on. And one's legs. I love them all. My mom found a bunny for my little girl that looks like Le Mutt.

Life with Will & Pete said...

I got a Le Mutt dog for my 6th birthday. i loved him dearly until i accidently left him on a plane 9 years later. I miss him some 27 birthdays later. so sorry for your loss.

Kimberley said...

That's sad, I too grew up with a LeMutt, mine was damaged at the neck, but my mom when I was younger managed to fix him, its a little thinner at the neck, but he's still alive.. Wasn't that dog just awsome..?? And sooo cute too!

Kimberley

Taby said...

I still have my le mutt and I took him everywhere. he's had his nose re sewn several times his arm was once torn off. and recently lost an eye in the wash. he wears a little green shirt my aunt helped me make him when I was little. I named him smooch, I even have a little dog back pack that looks alot like him. though I've had trouble looking him in the face since the eye went missing.

Anna Card said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I too had a Le Mutt, whom is also deceased. I have a Labardoodle that looks identical to our friend. Labardoodle is just as floppy, but eats more.

dogongood said...

Anyone know the origins of Le Mutt. My nephew has my sisters Fifi and was asking if these 2 came from a book or movie. I loved my Le Mutt and still have him tucked away, but I don't know anything about why he was created or where he came from. My parents got mine for me on a trip they took when I was 6. You know the gift parents give when they go on trips and leave the kids at home. I am surprised to see how many other people loved their Le Mutt they way I did. Please share if you have any details on these mutts history.
Thanks! Sorry to hear the living mutt "played" with the stuffed mutt. That never turns out well.