Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Why I (heart) the new house

I thought I would try to share a few photos of the new house this week. Of course, I'll be sure to try not to get any half-empty boxes in the shots or the rooms where nothing has been unpacked!

Some of the details in this home really stood out to us, like the built in cutting boards in the kitchen. Not only one, but four cutting boards are located throughout.

So, this morning, when preparing to slice strawberries for my cereal, it was a breeze.

I just realized that this photo doesn't really do it justice, but the cutting boards are actually built in like a drawer, so all you do is slide it out to use.

5 comments:

Farrell & Lauren said...

What a great feature!

Cahaba Lane said...

What pattern and brand is your cereal bowl? I've been looking for some new white dishes and I really like the "beaded" edge on the bowl.
thanks.
Robyn

Susan D. said...

The bowls are from Pottery Barn, Emma collection. I think they come in the off-white (like we have) and a butter-yellow color. I've really enjoyed them!

Susan D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tickled Pink & Green said...

Oh that IS a nice feature. We just built a whole new kitchen last year, and I wish I had thought of this.