Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's a small world

I spent the day attending this seminar with three of my co-workers. While I appreciate the fact that they had volunteers directing us into the parking lot with their "two-fingered or full-handed" pointing gestures, mouse head-shaped balloons to make sure that we knew we were in the right place, and Disney music that played to cue us when it was time to take our seats, I'm still a little perplexed by the fact that the average family (all 3.3 of them) save for 2-3 YEARS to take a trip to Disney. Isn't that incredible? I bet that same family could travel to a wondrous place like Yellowstone National Park, or take in all the history, art, and culture they could want in D.C. for a lot longer and still come away with life-long memories and scrapbooks full of photos that they will enjoy for many years.

2 comments:

Meg said...

It boggles my mind how much people will save and spend to give their kids the Disney experience. Did you know that you can finance a Disney vacation? Not like charge it to your credit card. They offer financing like if you were buying a car or a new living room set.

Louise said...

Isn't that the truth! I have no plan to go there. I hate long lines, especially filled with other people's children that are going nuts from all of the chocolate, sweets and caffine. Yeahh...no thank you. I love going to DC or driving up to DC and taking the train to NYC. It doesn't cost a ton and it's fun for the kids!