Sunday, September 30, 2007

a "blue" surprise

I had to stop by the old house last week to water plants, make sure that we didn't have any mail, and I noticed a small box on our porch. I checked the return address and it was from Hubby's company, so I figured that it was more crap for him to file away.

I brought the box back home and didn't really think about it for a couple of days. Hubby was at a conference in New Orleans last week, so I finally thought to mention it to him toward the end of the week. "Oh, it may be your bracelet" he said. "What?!" Now I can't get this package off my mind and couldn't open it soon enough.
For part of a sales competition, Hubby was able to choose a prize for all of his hard work. There were sunglasses, pens, cameras, tools, and a few items that came wrapped in a specific shade of blue.

Now, before you get in my business about why Hubby is giving me his present, since it was his sales competition... let's just say that I do believe I have married one of the kindest men that I have ever known. With that being said, I would just like to think that he enjoys making me happy. Thank you, Hubby. Did I mention, he was at a conference the week after we moved? And he got to see this band?





And now...



11 comments:

Libby said...

What a good guy, he's a keeper. :)

heather said...

What a sweetheart!!! Sounds like hubby is one of the good ones! :)

Word of advice:be very careful about wearing that bracelet around the computer. Mine is very scratched up from the charm hitting the keyboard.

Britt said...

How sweet!!

Kerry said...

I love the iste of that blue box... it calms me :) beautiful!

suburban prep said...

What a great guy to have in your corner.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Isn't it so awesome when you get a great surprise like that without expecting it?! Lucky You!

sle said...

Now that's my kind of hubby!

Cloggsy said...

I have the same bracelet and LOVE it! Man is most def a keeper!!

Belle-ah said...

That is a good, good, good man! Not to mention he knows the perfect shade of blue!

Buford Betty said...

Is there anything better than a blue box?! I have the same bracelet - love it!

MMM said...

What a wonderful surprise!