Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My "new" 1939 kitchen

In the new house, the kitchen has a cute, built-in plate rack. To go along with the year the house was built, I'm trying to find coordinating dishes. I'm considering Fiesta Ware, since it has been around since the 30's. I was also introduced to this wonderful site today by a co-worker. I am now so in love with the pantone plates. Apparently, these were used by salespeople in the 40's to show the pantone colors. I'm thinking that these could be really cute in the new kitchen. Our regular dishes are Emma by Pottery Barn in white, so I would want to use something that could possibly coordinate.



Of course, this part of the kitchen is actually new, but I still think it could work. I would love any retro ideas that may fit in.

Also, we have this cute little phone cubby. Hmmm, to use as a resting place for flowers in a vase, or this? Decisions, decisions...
I promise to post more photos soon, but probably not until we move in. I feel strange about showing photos while it's not yet our home.

9 comments:

J said...

I love dish racks like that! If I ever redo a kitchen I would definitely put one in.

"Jason G." said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suz said...

I love a plate rack and the phone cubby, that is just too freaking cute.

Libby said...

Your new kitchen is adorable! My vote is for the retro phone in the cubby- with a little leather bound notbook for messages.

MC said...

You could start a collection of hobnail glass, I'm pretty sure it is from the 40s. It comes in all different colors and would go great with the Emma dishes.

Britt said...

Love it, that is a fabulous kitchen and I think we may order some of those Pantone plates to add some color...Great find!

Monogram Momma said...

ADORABLE! Can't wait to see more picts! Definitely go w/ the Pantone dishes. SO SO adorable and unique looking.

Buford Betty said...

I love it all! Love the plate rack. I agre with libby... a retro phone would look fabulous.

Leslie said...

Gorgeous kitchen! I love it!