Thursday, August 09, 2007

Leaky pipes

The inspection was this morning, which is kind of crazy because you are just hanging out in someone else's house. It just feels kind of surreal. Waiting around, checking out the cabinets, measuring to see if furniture will fit where we want, watching TV, eating popcorn.. no, just kidding about the popcorn part! It was great to be there again and take another look... again, we are both still sold on the house and I can't wait to be living there and enjoying it.

At any rate, the inspection came back relatively clean, especially for a home of this age. There is one rather major issue - the downstairs bath has leaked and there is damage to the sub-flooring under the house. I'm thinking a new bathroom floor, perhaps? We are in the process of writing up what we would like to have fixed and submitting that to the sellers, so it's a little nerve wracking. I hope all goes well.

In other news, it is incredibly hot and humid here in NC, as it is almost everywhere else across the US. My car thermostat was always 100-106 all day. Last night at 8PM, it was 100 degrees. All I want to do is eat smoothies for lunch and ice cream for dinner!

5 comments:

Buford Betty said...

Glad it went well! It's hot as hell here too. I ran in a store for seriously 5 minutes at lunch and nearly suffocated when I got back in my car. Hurry up fall!

amanda said...

it is hot isn't it? I'm sure I sound like a broken record. I can't resist saying "IT'S SO HOT!" everytime I walk outside.

Belle-ah said...

Home inspections are surreal, no matter which side of the fence you are on!

My car thermo. hit 111 today! Isn't that bizarre???

Great blog!

tulipmom said...

Congrats on purchasing a new house! I agree that home inspections are just plain weird. It IS your house but it ISN'T (really) your house (yet) ... bizarre. Glad most everything checked out okay.

I popped over from Perfectly Pink.

Carter D. Stuart said...

Hang in there (both with the hot weather and the inspections)!

Good luck with the house, it sounds like a great one!.