Monday, August 06, 2007

I have a little secret

And it involves inspections, a closing date, and a big move! Today, we sign the contract for the purchase of our new home! I feel like it's been a long time in the making, but I feel safe in announcing the news! I've been a little paranoid to even discuss it, for fear of jinxing it.

It's a great traditional-style, brick home in a wonderful neighborhood, with a secluded back yard. The current owner is a builder, so we are fortunate to be moving into a home full of updates and renovations, including the kitchen, master bath, den, patio, and office. I also love the fact that the charm and character of the house have remained, even with the new modern conveniences. We have a mail slot & a phone cubby, two quirky features that I love. Even the dogs will have their own area and will no longer have their kennels in our dining room. The move scares me a bit, as we have the contents of our current home, a storage unit, items at my old apartment, because my former landlord is a doll, and also a few items at another friend's house. Either we have too much stuff, or it was simply time for something bigger.

Of course, we still have the inspection to get through and a few more details, such as selling our house! Ack. Now, I'm sure that process will be good for a few more stories in the near future.

7 comments:

Meg said...

Congratulations! Good luck with the last minute details...I can't wait to see photos!

So I just now looked at your profile photo of Zeus and Zoe - we have the same anniversary!

Libby said...

Congratulations on the P&S, Susan!! May your new home be filled with lots of love and laughter!

RED said...

Congratulations! Fingers crossed for the last minute stuff! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Buford Betty said...

Best of luck! I hope everything goes smoothly!

Mrs. STL Sarah said...

Yay! That's wonderful. Hope to see pics!

J said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a great house!

Monogram Momma said...

Congrats! Don't forget to post pictures!