Monday, August 20, 2007

Almost two years ago...

Since we are getting ready to move (in a month!), we have been packing, de-cluttering, and taking boxes to our storage unit. In doing so, I ran across the CD of photos from our wedding. Since I started my blog after I was married, I decided to take a walk down memory lane. This is also my downside when packing, because I want to stop and read or look at everything. This post should probably come with a warning to skip if you aren't interested.. it's probably like seeing your Aunt Sally's vacation photos! Photos taken by Kellie Kano Photography.

The day of our wedding... enjoying a glass (or two) of Dom Perignon, a surprise from sweet hubby while having my hair done. I promise, my hair wasn't this big when I walked down the aisle.

The flowers for my bridesmaid and my own bouquet - mine included white hydrangea, berries, and jasmine. My bridesmaids had pink roses and berries, wrapped in black material to match their dresses.
Our wedding programs. Love these - ecru, with a satin bow on the side and our monogram. The square shaped matched our wedding invitations and wedding cake.


My gown... pre getting dressed and getting it dirty before I went down the aisle!

During the ceremony, I remember being so nervous, but so excited for the future.A little posing with our wedding party, after the ceremony.

Leaving the church... I was so excited, I blocked Hubby's face with my bouquet!
After our ceremony, enjoying a little alone time before going to the reception.
Our wedding cake - four layers of yummy goodness: red velvet, peanut butter and chocolate, raspberry lady (white cake with raspberries) and a layer of chocolate and raspberries. It had our monogrammed and we had my Great Aunt Lucy and Uncle Horace's cake topper displayed that was used at their wedding in the 1920's.


Our first dance... we have no formal training, but had a blast. We danced to "It had to be you".
A great group shot.. I love this picture. It was a perfect ending to a perfect day.

7 comments:

lisagh said...

Looks like an absolutely perfect and beautiful day!

Libby said...

Wow! What a beautiful wedding, Susan! I'm in love with the cake, especially with the red velvet layer.

Belle-ah said...

Gorgeous photos...I love the one of y'all sitting in the door of the church.

Britt said...

Beautiful - I love your dress!!!! Good luck with the house moving, I want to see pics of the new place.

Kimba Rimba said...

Thanks for sharing! So beautiful!

Mrs. STL Sarah said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing. Wedding photos are the best.

MMM said...

Looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing!