Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Woes of a house hunter

How can it go downhill so fast? Just last night, we thought we were on easy street. We had the counter offer from the seller of the home, but I needed to talk to hubby, who is at a conference. We finally talked this morning, he called the realtor to ask a question and then, just as we were ACCEPTING their offer, the seller received 2 additional offers and rejected the acceptance of the offer. So, now we just went through a memo to buyers, asking for our full and best offer, along with their stipulations to closing, etc. It just sucks. I am mentally exhausted and just feel like we were so close to coming to an agreement and now we will probably lose the house, because one of these buyers may come in at full asking price, or over what we have offered. Buyer's market, my ass. Excuse my overall grumpiness. Just frustrated, because I just don't have a good feeling about it and it just means that we'll have to start all over for this potentially to happen again.

Everyone keeps telling me, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be, but it's just hard to take at this point.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Maddening! You want I should take those two other buyers out at the kneecaps? Just say the word.

Seriously though, hang in there!

RED said...

I can only imagine how frustrating that must me! Hang in there! I know it's tough- thinking of you!