Monday, July 09, 2007

Making life bear-able

I just started Week 2 on Weight Watchers and I think the two things that have made it bearable are... fresh peaches in season (1 point) and these little 100 calorie lovelies (2 points). I guess starting a diet AND negotiating the hell out of a house were not the smartest things to do in a single week!

House update: We received their counter offer today and now Hubby and I have to talk. He's away on business, so I'm sure this will be a great conversation via mobile phone! I'm ready to just go for it & I think he is too. It would mean a few thousand over what we really hoped to pay, but really, what's a few thousand over the term of a mortgage. (Don't you love the way that sounds very haughty, like I'm just throwing around thousands of dollars every day). Plus, it is one of those homes that I can envision kids learning to ride their bicycles on the very long driveway, lazy autumn mornings to enjoy breakfast on the patio, the perfect Christmas tree location, and fun gatherings with our friends for cookouts or game nights. No, I'm not emotionally attached or anything!!

2 comments:

Ladybug's Picnic said...

Ooh, I am thinking good thoughts for you - the house sounds perfect! We are starting the house hunt (house #2 for us) as well and I get so emotionally attached to every house I see and then I suffer serious house envy, so I totally know where you're coming from.

Kimba Rimba said...

Good luck!!!!

I have to try those little ice cream treats, i haven't had that kind, but i'm all over it!