Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Getting back on the horse

Well, it's official to what we thought. We didn't get the house. I was very sad last night, I cried as soon as I left the office, but I am just trying to remember, when it's meant to be, it will happen. I've thought the same about jobs, boyfriends, cars, and of course, the perfect pair of shoes. We're a little frustrated - we feel like we were the pawn in a game to get the numbers high, and in essence, we really were. So be it - I'm glad we stood our ground and didn't fall into the hype.

Life could be a lot worse - we have a house that while, we may not love it, it covers our heads and keeps us safe, I have a wonderful hubby who loves me for who I am, two big dogs who show me unconditional love (especially when I feed them) and hey, we're doing OK on most fronts. We have an exciting future ahead of us and I'm sure this won't be the only bump in the road, but also, I guess it's the bumps that make life interesting.

Oh, and I promise not to drive by the house and throw rocks or stick out my tongue or flip a bird. Well, maybe to all but the last one, but only under my window, not stuck up in the air!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So sorry to hear about the house. I know you must be disappointed. A similar thing happened to us when we bought our house and I have since decided that it did actually work out for the best so I hope the same happens for you!

Meg said...

Oh no! That sounds so frustrating...I was on pins and needles when we were buying our house. We ran into myriad problems of other types and every time something new came up, I'd be sure we were going to lose the house. Poor Man...I'm sure that was a rough month for him.