Monday, June 11, 2007

A new assignment

Exciting news... I was chatting with our editor last week & she was working on story assignments for our winter edition. Somehow, I let it slip that I have always had this secret fantasy of writing for a magazine - of course, in my fantasy, I have my own monthly magazine column, wear preppy, but hip glasses and everyone wants to know what I have to say. Well, she gave me an assignment, which honestly, scares the hell out of me. I've been writing (hence the blog) and doing a little other work related writing (press releases, marketing reports, ad copy), but I haven't written a real life article in a long time. The last ones that I wrote were probably in college, and that was just to receive a grade, not for actual money.

So, wish me luck.. my deadline isn't until July and it's on a neat little boutique, of which I am a fan, so hopefully, it will be relatively painless.

1 comment:

Britt said...

thats exciting - good luck!