Sunday, June 03, 2007

Chocolate Heaven

Over the weekend, I worked in Asheville, NC. Asheville is a beautiful city with all kinds of hidden treasures - interesting boutiques, art stores, spas galore, dog friendly, and you can visit the fabulous Biltmore Estate while in town. And, this weekend, the 3rd annual Chocolate Festival was being held! For what more can a girl, with PMS and whose worked all weekend can ask?

Our work day ended at 4pm, so one of my co-workers and I decided to head downtown to this little bite of fabulousness. Oh my, chocolate martinis, organic chocolate, chocolate covered strawberries, truffles, sea salt caramel covered chocolates, ice cream, cookies, brownies. If you could think of a chocolate... it was there. I will say, my favorite chocolate store and has been for years is The Chocolate Fetish . On Friday's & Saturday's, they have huge, fresh local strawberries that have been dipped in 2 kinds of chocolate. They also had these fabulous sea salt chocolate covered caramels. Don't turn away - they were the perfect mixture of sweet and salty. And, don't leave without a box of at least 8 truffles... the Velvet Sin and The Blossom are probably my favorites... wonderful, rich, worth every calorie! And, yes, they do ship & provide bulk orders for special occasions!

No comments: