Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Bad Mom

I took Zoe to the vet yesterday - she had developed a nasty ear infection and it was beyond our cleaning. Poor girl. We had to wait an hour (with an appointment), just to be seen by the vet. Of course, she loved all of the attention in the lobby. We found out, it was a double whammy - a bacteria and yeast infection. Yes, it really is as gross and smelly as it sounds. They cleaned out her ears and now she's on an anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and ear drops, plus a special cleanser that helps to dry out the ears. Of course, she hates the drops, but seems relieved when they're over and she gets a biscuit. I just felt awful, especially when the vet told me that he thought it was all pretty painful for her. Not sure what that guilt trip will do, but I'm sure it will involve new toys or extra belly rubs. Who's in charge here?

4 comments:

Libby said...

Oh, Zoe, I hope she's feeling better soon! Please give her an extra little belly rub from me and Devil Dog.

Meg said...

Poor girl. FP and I hope she feels better soon!

RED said...

awe poor girl! I hope she feels better, definetely extra treats/attention! don't beat yourself up too much about it, I'm sure she'll be A-OK soon!

Jen said...

Our one lab always gets ear infections, so don't feel guilty. I just remember the cleaning fluid smells weirdly sweet and very close to peach schnapps.