Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Back to Boot Camp

Yes, I did it. I signed myself up for 8 weeks of torture, I mean training. I'm doing another Boot Camp at a local gym, 3 days a week from 5:15-6:30 AM. Yes, AM. Yesterday was our first day & I realized that taking 5 weeks off from the gym has done nothing but make me feel fat, lazy and completely out of shape.

We started off with push ups and sit ups. You do all you can for 1 minute and then we'll be tested again on this at the end of the session. I did OK on those.

Next, we did a series of cardio with a step bench and weights, including mountain climbers, squats, push ups, jumping on and off the bench etc. Then we went outside to do ten thousand walking lunges.. OK, probably not that many, but it felt like it. Next we ran, then we did sprints/running backwards. More mountain climbers and then back inside for bear crawls, running backwards, backward bear crawls, side crawls. Ack.

I'm a bit sore today and that is putting it mildly. Still a little mad at myself for letting myself get out of shape. I just felt so slow against everyone else and that I was struggling throughout. I know that it'll get easier & that I should concentrate on me and not everyone else, but that's a little easier said than done.

Ok, enough of my pity party and I'm gonna go look for a pillow for my chair now!

3 comments:

Kimba Rimba said...

WOW, goodness that sounds like a lot for first thing in the morning!

Good Luck!!!!

suburban prep said...

Ugh. But what a sport you are to do this.

wheresmymind said...

Gee...that sounds like blast, though I'd rather get my sleep!