Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What I did today

It's been a bit of a whirlwind, so here goes....
  1. Received a call at 7:30 AM, which scares the crap out of me. It was my dentist, wanting to see if I wanted a 4 PM cancellation. Yep, I'll take it.

  2. Worked with my assistant to meet with our staff of employees who will be working this Saturday at our 3rd out of 5 events.

  3. Went with our editor and assistant (ok, I really hate using this word, but she's on contract & I guess that is her title) to a fabulous store that specializes in eyeglasses and art to help our editor find new glasses & story ideas. How fabulous is that?

  4. Drooled over Oliver Peoples sunglasses that were in the store, that I will have to go back and purchase. I think the name was Blithe and they were oh, so very Audrey Hepburn.

  5. Had lunch at a great thai place with my co-workers.

  6. Finally made it back to the office to several e-mails, numerous voicemails and various "fires". Put out fires, returned phone calls and answered emails.

  7. Left for dental appointment.

  8. Picked, polished & flossed, went back to work and confirmed a slew of rentals for this weekend.

  9. Went to have my hair highlighted at my favorite salon. It's the perfect mix of upscale, but not snobby or stuffy.

  10. Found out that my sweet hubby had paid for my hair extravaganza in advance. Awwww. Very sweet.

  11. Came home to find a Gumby in our mail. Apparently, hubby has to take his photos for the next week as part of a "stretch" contest he is in at work. All I know is, Gumby is mine after this photo shoot.

1 comment:

amanda said...

Not sure if you've mentioned where you live before. I just read something about an eyeglass and art shop in Greensboro. I thought it was an interesting concept, aparently not original though.