Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Boot Camp

Since my lazy ass has been such a slacker since the half marathon, I think I need to try something new, or at least something I know that works. Work has been so busy, I've found myself tired in the evenings that I would just rather sit on the sofa, eating multi-grain tostitos and convincing myself that they really are healthy, than go run or do something good for myself! Also, Hubby is training for a sprint triathlon, so I even feel like a bigger slacker as I politely sit on my arse! I'm really proud of him - he's been training, taking swim lessons to tweak his swimming abilities and has new swim/bike/run shorts that are kind of funny, but kind of cute!

Anyway, a new boot camp is starting on June 4 for 8 weeks. It's 3 days a week from 5:15-6:30AM and I think as much as I will hate the wake up call, it's really what I need to do to get back in the proverbial saddle. Hubby & I have also always done the boot camp classes together so this will be my first one solo... somewhat intimidating to me for some reason. OK, enough whining, but I could mention the fact that literally, I think I've only worked out once since April 28. Sad, very, very sad!!

1 comment:

sisters with style said...

I go to a boot camp class at my church and love it. I have found muscles I never knew I had.