Thursday, March 29, 2007

What I learned in class...

I wanted to recap a little of my 1st wedding class for all of the Brides-to-Be. First, when I walked in, the other students thought I was the teacher, which I found somewhat humorous. I don't have a lot to report for our first session - I felt like I knew most of what the teacher was discussing. We basically went over putting together time lines , traditional attire, who pays for what, etc. Also a little trivia for you... Did you know why the bride traditionally stand to her husband's left at the altar? This dates back to historic times and it was so the husband would have his right hand free for his sword, if there was a possible attack. The teacher also stated that most wives sleep to the left of their husband in bed, which is true for this wife. Hopefully, no attacks or deuls in the middle of the night! So, hopefully, I'll have a few more tidbits that may be of more assistance next week!

Also, today is my last day at the current job, and Hubby and I are off to Charleston, SC in the morning. We did a 4 mile run last night and then the 10k Bridge Run on Saturday. The dogs are going to their favorite doggie day care/boarding facility - actually a 3 acre farm, complete with a pond and employees who are constantly playing fetch. It's a great place to board the dogs - they run and swim all day, then when we pick them up, they sleep for 2 days straight. Plus, they will be getting a much needed bath & toenail trimming before we pick them up!

I will post about the race and the weekend in Charleston when I return! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Libby said...

Oh my gosh, that farm sounds like a slice of doggy heaven.

Have a great race, good luck!!

Nanders said...

Good luck at the Cooper River Bridge Run this weekend. I am attending a conference in Charleston in June. Please share any fun restaurant recomendations.

J said...

Good luck at the race this weekend!

Hannah Lane said...

Good luck!