Thursday, March 01, 2007

Safety for your pooches

Hubby and I returned home from dinner last night to a bit of a scare. Our female lab, Zoe was crouched down on all fours, against the "wall" of the kennel. We have the black metal kennels. Her ID tag from her collar was stuck in between one of the slats on the kennel and she couldn't move. I felt awful, because we were gone a couple of hours and of course, we don't know how long she had stayed in that position - plus, what if she would have choked herself? So, new rule - collars come off when in the kennel and I'm on the lookout for a new cute collar that can be embroidered with her name and phone number.

If anyone has any suggestions, please send them to me. I know that E used to have a good site for dog collars/accessories listed at Preppy Cafe, but it's no longer there.

3 comments:

Monogram Momma said...

Yes, I can help! go to my blog and click on the "Preppy Pets" category and there is a really long post in there with lots of options.

Good luck!

MMM said...

I love the fashion hound collars. Check my blog under "preppy puppy."

"Sunshine" said...

You might be interested in: KeepSafe Break-Away Collar