Saturday, March 03, 2007

Return to college days

Thursday was D-Day around our household. Hubby's company has recently gone through a merger and they cut 40% of the sales force, which could potentially include him. They were told they would receive calls after 12 noon and I'm happy to report that he received his call at 11:57 to tell him that he was keeping his job. Whoo-hoo! Needless to say, we were both relieved, but Hubby decided that he should celebrate this news with a couple of his friends.

Several of his friends work out of their homes, so there is great flexibility in their schedules. About 9 hours of drinking/Golden Tee/Pool playing later, I found them in a somewhat coherent stupor. One friend had almost gotten into a fight, so the dutiful wife (me) packed them into my little A4 and carted them home. I did feel like it was 1993 and I was caring for somebody after the pre and post parties from a frat party!

No comments: