Thursday, March 22, 2007

Resume tips 101

The following resume was recently received by our creative director for a designer position that he is trying to fill.

I have changed any identifying information, but the rest is real. We we torn between actually calling the guy and giving him advice on how to write a resume or just rolling on the floor in fits of laughter. We chose the latter.

Bobby
bobby@xyz.com
Home 555- 555- 5555

1234 Green Lee Ct
Greenville, NC 27777


Adobe, Microsoft Office software


Art ins,Online,WOL

I went to school at the Art Institute Online, and Lakewood Online

Concept Development A-
Computer Literacy A+
Digital Image Manipulation D
Fundamentals Of Design D
Introduction of Graphic Design
Career Development
College English 1

Graphic Designs

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Please, please, please tell me you are joking. I've seen some bad resumes before but this one takes the cake.

Susan D said...

I promise this was real... it was sent through an online submission. The bad thing is that he has it also posted on an online job board as well. Poor guy - I don't think I've ever seen anyone list individual grades, but then to list that you made D's!?! In graphic design and that is the position to which you've applied!?

suburban prep said...

I know my resume needs some work, but I know it doesn't even compare to this one.

Hannah Lane said...

He is very competent online apparantly, how important is it to have fundamentals of design for a desinger position anyway!!
:)