Saturday, March 17, 2007

A new chapter

Or new article, if you will. I turned in my two week notice to my current employer on Friday. That part went well, aside from one snide comment from my boss, which I fully expected.

I have accepted a new position as Marketing manager of a new bi monthly magazine, focused on style, fashion, dining, homes, shopping, etc - all in North Carolina. The parent company has been around for decades with a current North Carolina publication and the new magazine is a bit younger in look, feel and content. It's a little scary about starting a new job and with a brand new magazine, but it's also what invigorates me and wakes me up in the middle of the night! And, what better than working for a magazine that is focused on what I love reading about anyway.

So, Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.. Erin Go Braugh! We're off to run the 5 mile Beer Run (it's actually a run, not just an excuse to drink beer - even though beer tokens are included in your running package). Then later tonight, onto some more Irish festivities this evening at a local Irish pub.

8 comments:

STL Sarah said...

Congrats to you on the new job! It's always exciting to get a fresh start.

Hannah Lane said...

Congratulations!!!!

Preppy Wedding said...

Congrats! Sounds like a fabulous opportunity.

Ladybugs said...

Wow, congratulations! Sounds like a nice new fit for you - and I'm so envious that you got out and ran. We have a fresh new foot of snow on the ground here in Boston. Bah!

Monogram Momma said...

COngratulations on the new job! What an exciting time for you.

Melissa said...

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like lots of fun!

MMM said...

Congrats on your new job! I can't wait to be done with my job...only a few more weeks.

J said...

Congrats!