Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I'm so behind

I have found out in the past weeks that two of my good friends are expecting. For one, this will be her second child and for the other, her first. I am so excited for both of them & it will be great to live vicariously through them as they are experiencing their pregnancies.

Hubby and I aren't trying yet, even though I did buy and am now taking prenatal vitamins. Now with me starting a new job, the timing just doesn't seem right to go off the ever-trusty pill. I can't seem to get this nagging thought of "hurry up" out of my head and lately, now more than ever, I catch myself thinking of a baby, or picking up toddler dresses and imagining what it would be like. Of course, I am the one deciding not to try yet, so I guess I have no one to blame but myself!

Everyone says there is never a good time... is this true? Is it like love, will you just know you're ready?

3 comments:

E said...

Honestly, I feel like you're never really ready. I mean, sure, there are times that are somewhat better than others, but I also feel like you could put it off forever because something's always going to come up, know what I mean?

That's how I felt anyway - so finally I just figured, why not just go ahead and do it? So we did and so far things have been fine.

Melissa said...

I've been struggling myself with these questions. Do I feel financially ready to support another person? NO! Do I feel ready to sacrifice all my free time to take on all the extra work of raising a child? NO! Do I see myself ever feeling completely comfortable saying yes to either of these questions? NO! I can't imagine ever feeling TOTALLY ready. Yet I still want one of the little devils! :) Surely they will be worth the trouble!

Monogram Momma said...

Something will always get in the way or you will always find a reason not to start trying yet. A new job, a new (bigger) mortgage, that big vacation you've been dying to take. And even after you have your first, you will still go through the same questions the second time around as well.
And yes, it's totally worth the trouble and uncertainty!