Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hot and Tired

Hubby and I just finished our 8-mile training run. Whew. It was tough today... the distance, plus it's warm here in NC - the high is in the 80's. (sorry - not trying to rub it in to my Northern friends). We should have started earlier, but I was a bit of a slacker this morning. We will head to Charleston, SC next weekend for the Cooper River Bridge Run. It's one of the largest 10k's in the country and so much fun. We are going with several friends - we're the runners, they drink & cheer us on!

It's hard to believe that the 1/2 marathon is only about 5 weeks away and it really hit me today that I'll be adding another 5 miles onto the run that I did today. I think it's time to quit slacking on my weekday running!

4 more days at the old job... I actually have a brainstorming session at my new job on Tuesday. Since this is a new venture, I'm starting just in time for some of the marketing activities and events for the launch, so some details have been put in place and a lot are yet to be decided. I'm glad that I'll have the chance to give my input and recommendations. There is a lot of work ahead for the next 2 months, but I'm looking forward to it.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

God bless an 8 mile run!!!

Hannah Lane said...

Good for you with the running. I was acutally thinking about taking one myself today- perhaps a good ole 1/2 mile :)

And congrats again on the new job- new things are fun and exciting!

MMM said...

Congrats on your run!

Britt said...

Have fun at the Cooper River Bridge - we went last year and its such a pretty course & lots of fun afterwards!