Tuesday, March 27, 2007

1st day of class...


Tonight is my first night of my Wedding Planning & Directing class. People have looked at me like I have 3 heads when I tell them that I actually enjoyed planning our wedding and wanted to take a class on this. I may never use it, but I figured that I could:
  • gain a little part-time work
  • offer my services to our church, since we don't have a wedding planner
  • enjoy talking and learning about weddings for 6 weeks and hopefully share some new ideas with my friends!
I actually found our wedding planner through a referral from this class.. she was the top student, so who knows where this may lead!? Wish me luck... I've sharpened my pink pencils and have my matching notebook ready to go!

Oh, and I promise I won't ever work with a bride if she wants a Barbie wedding cake!

3 comments:

Britt said...

I think it sounds like fun - I keep thinking, as I plan my wedding, it would be easier to help make the decisions if they weren't my own - have fun!

MMM said...

Good luck. Keep us brides to be posted on what you learn. =)

amanda said...

I just found your blog. I'm excited to read all of your wedding info. We're planning our wedding too, so I'm really enjoying reading all of the wedding blogs out there.

I'm from NC too!