Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend Recap

It was relatively quiet around Chez Labrador this weekend. Hubby and I had date night on Friday for sushi. Saturday was spent cleaning, errands and somehow getting sucked into a marathon of America's Next Top Model. Geez. We did successfully book our hotel room for the Country Music Half Marathon in April. I didn't realize how quickly rooms would fill, so we ended up paying more than we expected, but it's a super deluxe room located in the downtown area.

On a cleaning note, and of course with our abundance of dog hair, I will say that my favorite cleaning tool is the Dyson. We have the Animal and it is great.

Also, an update on Let's Dish . We tried one of the dinners and a dessert over the weekend and they were both great. We tried the citrus tilapia last night. It consists of filets of tiliapa, drizzled with olive oil & cayenne pepper. There are also slices of lemons & limes between the filets. Before baking, you sprinkle a few spicy almond slivers on top. It was easy and very good. We also tried the individual molten chocolate cakes. Ooey-gooey chocolate and cake. Need I say more?

We also started Week 4 of Boot Camp today. Today we focused on arms/back for our weights and then tons of running outside. Backward running, power skips, pop squats, jumping jacks and squat thrusts. Whew.

2 comments:

SBCVandy said...

When you come to Nashville for the half marathon, you will have to give me a shout. I definitely have some places to recommend you go to/avoid for dining.

Susan D said...

That would be great... I will definitely ask you for some recommendations! I grew up nearby, in Clarksville, but haven't been back for the nightlife since I was in college! Thanks!